Sunday, November 25, 2012

Per aspera ad astra

I had the great opportunity to catch up with an old friend of mine last night. We have known each other since always. She knows almost every detail of my life and as we were chatting she told me this one sentence that made me think of my actions in the last few months. "U have changed."
This could mean a lot. It could be either in a good, or in a bad way. It could be both. So I started to think. What has changed..me? Her? Something else?

I am sure that each of us came to a point in life when he/she asked themselves: "What is next?"; "What shall I look forward to?"; "Where am I?"; "Who am I?" and "What for?"
Okay, I know that anyone who reads this will go through the questions as easy matter an pass them, but what about the answers. Have you got them all? And more important, are you really satisfied with them. Try to be honest with yourself. 
While you are trying to find the answers to your questions think of your dreams! Every child has a dream. What was yours when you were younger? Do you, still,  chase after the same dreams or have your wishes changed?
Once I have thought about these things I understood that people are not the same. Some of them wanted to become singers or actors, but they could not because their lack of talent. As a matter of fact, talent is not the only predisposition for making a dream come true. You will need a lot of discipline and hard work to achieve yor goals. It takes a lot of guts and a strong will to fight for what you really want. Not only time, but a lot of other things that you will have to sacrifice in order to obtain something of much bigger value.
It is not my way to tell people what they should or should not do, but rather inspire what they already want to. No one has the right to tell you otherwise. If you live for something in particular and you want it really bad, then you should show the world that there is nothing that will stop you in doing so. Many people will try to bring you down, they will talk in a bad manner, laugh at you,but the only one who can stop you from accomlishing your goals is yourself and the Will of God. Fall down seven, stand up eight times. Hold strong onto people who will love you and support youn no matter what you choose to do or to be. 

Once she said:" U have changed!", I looked her deeply in the eyes and said:" No, I am the same little girl I used to be, but my dreams have changed and I will have to act in accordance to that fact. But do not ever suspect on my actions. They might seem different and unexplainable, but everything is for a good cause."
Because it is an universal theme. One fear. One truth. One feeling.
Faith.


No comments:

Post a Comment